Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest branches of engineering and is called an evergreen branch because of the steady demand for mechanical engineers from the industries.
Almost all the inventions of ancient period and modern era are direct contributions of Mechanical Engineering. It caters to Automobiles, Railways, Aviation, Thermal Power Plants, Hydro Power Plants, Textile, Petroleum, Chemical, and variety of other industries. The branch involves design, study, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and systems
Expert lectures are regularly arranged by the people of international and national repute. Regular industrial visits are also arranged for the students. The students of the department are also encouraged for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and have brought laurels at the various national level competitions.
The programme covers semester wise study involving lecture and laboratory courses. The curriculum includes courses in Machine design & drawing, Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Materials Science, and Strength of material, Manufacturing Sciences as well as others applied ones like Theory of Machines, Machine Design, Refrigeration & Air conditioning, CAD, CAM, etc. Students are also made to undergo industrial training as well as projects to supplement the theoretical and practical knowledge gained during classes with live engineering problems.
The Mechanical graduates of AKS University will posses strong practical, scientific and engineering breadth that covers multidisciplinary subjects enabling them to comprehend, analyze mechanical engineering problems and develop solutions. Our graduates will demonstrate ethical values, positive attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
|5 years integrated course||
B.Tech. + M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
|BE/B.Tech in Relevant Subject|
PhD in Mechanical Engineering
INFRASTRUCTURE / LAB
The department has well-equipped laboratories. Students are exposed to some of the latest equipment namely Turbines, milling, lathe, TIG welding, MIG welding, Universal testing machine, Hardness Testing, Torsion Testing, Impact Testing machines etc. The department has a state of the art CAD lab having 90 high-end computers with packages like AUTO-CAD and Pro-E.
The department is well equipped with state of art labs
- Engineering Mechanics - Lab
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Engineering Drawing Lab
- Strength of Material lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Junior Machine Lab
- Fluid Machinery Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning lab
- Automobile lab
- Kinematics of Machine lab
- Dynamics of Machine Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- Technical paper presentation by students of the mechanical engineering department at 2017 International conference on intelligent system and swarm intelligence held at Hong Kong in March 2017.
- Paper entitled Modeling and Optimization of Tool Wear Rate in Powder Mixed EDM of MMC, presented during 2nd International Conference on Mechanical and Robotics Engineering (ICMRE'2013) Dec. 17-18, 2013 in Pattaya (Thailand) got first price.
- Students have been selected for post-graduation courses in a premier institute like SGSITS, Indore, India of county
- Students of B.tech. in Mechanical Engineering got second prize in Robotics in IIT Kharagpur.
- Students designed and developed innovative eco-friendly solar car.
The department is carrying out following highly ambitious innovative projects in the area of machining processes
- The development of new metal matrix composite and experimental analysis using electrical discharge machining
- Electric Arc Machining: The development of setup and comparison with EDM
The department has association with following bodies
- (i) Advance Training Institute, Kanpur (U.P.)
Make your career in Mechanical Engineering, motivational video