India is the third largest producer of agricultural output in the world. Nearly two-third of India’s population still derives their livelihoods from agricultural sector directly and indirectly. Thus agriculture development is always a priority in the development policy in India. After producing 259 million tones food grains Indian agriculture has shown a fatigue and struggles to massage the new dynamics. The expenditure on subsides crowds out public investment in agriculture research, agriculture education and transfer of technology. AKS University has ventured to start the agricultural education in the Vindhyachal region in various courses of graduation and post graduation. It has also started Ph.D. program in various agriculture fields. Approximately 1000 students from all over India are presently getting education in agriculture field. AKS University is dedicated to produce future entrepreneurs.
The faculty of Agriculture Science and Technology (FAST) is established with the objective to conduct education research and extension activities for enhancing productivity optimization of profit and sustainability of agricultural production system and improving rural livelihood not only in Madhya Pradesh but also all over India.
AGRICULTURE SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Duration: 4 Yrs.
B.tech. Agricultural Engineering
Passed 10+2 with PCM/ PCBM or equivalent examination with Minimum 50% (45% for Reserved categories)
B.Sc. (Ag) Hons
Passed 10+2 with Agricultural/PCM/ PCB/ Biotech or equivalent examination with Minimum 50% (45% for Reserved categories)
MASTER IN AGRICULTURE SCIENCE
Duration: 2 Yrs.
Eligibility: Graduation in Agriculture or applied stream or equivalent examination with Minimum 60% (55% for Reserved categories)
♦ Soil Science
♦ Food Technology
♦ Post Harvest
- Ms Rama Sharma has been awarded 29th young Scientist fellowship Award by MPCST Bhopal in 2014.
- AKS University has first time organized a mega event of Agri. Tech Madhya Pradesh under joint programme of Department of Farmer Welfare and Agriculture Development, Govt. of MP from 26 to 28 Feb. 2014 at Sherganj Satna. In which around 15000 farmers from various states e.g. Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra etc visited. There were 80 stalls exhibiting the products related to agriculture e.g. seed growers, farm power machinery, biofertilizers, micro irrigation etc. Hon’ble Agriculture Minister Dr. Gaurishankar Bisen was the Chief Guest
- Faculty has started publishing a biannual Agril. Magazine entitled as “Vindhyachal Krishi” w.e.f. Feb., 2014.
- Adoption of villages for doorstep delivery of Agricultural Technology: In this regard Satdhar, Chakbandi, Sohawal, Sherganj and Sitpura Villages have been adopted by FAST. Project director ATMA has been associated in this programme.
- Five varieties of Litchi viz Shahi, China, Rose scented, Purbi, Bedana and Five varieties of Mango viz Ambika, Mallica, Amrapalli, Dashahari and Langda and Important varieties of Guava and Beal have been collected from different research station and have been planted in Agricultural farm. On 5th Oct. 2013 Hon’ble Chancellor Shri B.P. Soni planted a plant of Shahi Litchi in front of administrative block of AKS University.
- The faculty has opened a Farm outlet for the sell of organic farm produce.
- Visit in Agritech Asia, Gujarat: Er. Anant Soni and Dr. Neeraj Verma HOD Agriculture visited Agritech Asia at Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat.
- Students are given hands on training for Rice and Wheat plantation in experimental field of AKS University, Satna.
- Regular visit to nearby KVK Majhgawa and Rewa, nursery visits and various farms like Revera farm, Satna and Indian Meteorological Laboratory, Satna for hands on training, demonstration of various agronomic activities and experimentation.
ONLINE CLASSROOMS :
The University has provided faculty with one online classroom with video conferencing facility. Experts from prestigious organizations from the different part of the country deliver lectures to the students.
LABORATORY FACILITIES : :
- Soil Science
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Breeding and Genetics
RAWE PROGRAMME :
AKS University offers RAWE (Rural Area Work Experience) program in the 4th year of degree program with a total of 18-20 credits for 1ST semester of 4th year B.Sc. (Ag) Hon’s degree program. In this program students attached with Krishi Vigyan Kendra/ Research Institute/Corporate Bodies for their practical training and learning.
- Genome organization studies and developed of cost effective diagnostics for soybean viruses. Funded by M.P. Biotech Council. (2014-2017)
- Process standardization and quality evaluation of tomato ketchup.
- Biological control of phytophagous nematodes
- Effect of GA3 on growth and development of papaya (Papaya carica L.) seedlings.
- Effective weed control methods in soybean crop
- Three tiers system of Fish cultivation in ponds
- To maintain soil health by organic manure, FYM, GM, VC and NADEP and also increase crop quality.
The faculty has an active student association and research association through which, the students and faculties together organize various scientific/spiritual/extension activities. The association provides a common platform to execute their talents and innovations to the peer group of University as well as other Institutes. The faculty has well disciplined committed and dedicated team of students with great potency to learn and serve humanity with compassion. They are skilled to organize various scientific, spiritual and social events like Agritech Madhya Pradesh, Workshop on Kharif Crops. They represent our Faculty to other Institutes in scientific sessions like MPCOST, BIODIVERSITY BOARD etc. Our students are very active in research activities, placement cell activities, library cell and sport activities
Various events are being organized in the faculty from time to time:-
- Educational trips
- Training-Awareness programs
RESEARCH ASSOCIATION - :
The faculty is excelling towards establishing links with industries to facilitate Institute-Industry tie-up to drive-in more sponsored industrial projects and constantly expecting extramural funding from national and state level funding resources to encourage student projects in these schemes. The faculty and students embellish by the annual technical symposium organized to embody team spirit, organizing skills of the students and to get benefited from the deliberations of eminent scientists and technologists who are nationally renowned. Our faculties and team of potential students/scholars formed an association for research in our faculty to guide our students towards research excellence.
RESEARCH COLLABORATIONS - :
A Mediterranean Crop Research Centre has been initiated at AKS University, SATNA, Madhya Pradesh, in collaboration with Agrolainez Various MoUs have been signed with various national as well as International industries for students training, placement and faculty exchange program like Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd, Mamata Energies. V.K. Pack Well Pvt. Ltd, Hytasu Corporation (Hyderabad), and Agrolainez (Spain)