Agricultural Science and Technology courses at AKSU offer comprehensive knowledge
in both the traditional agricultural science areas as well as the emerging data-intensive
agricultural technologies. The combination of Agricultural Science with Agricultural
Technology will give students the ability to integrate new technologies into agricultural
systems for improved decision-making and farming efficiency/profitability.
The certified Agricultural Engineering candidates can find employment in:
● Central and state government ministries in departments like;
● Agro-Industry Sector
● Agricultural finance corporation research institutions
● Nationalized banks and rural banks
● Krishi Vigyan Kendras
● Agricultural universities, and
● Various Agricultural service organizations.
● Private organizations and corporations offer opportunities as;
● Program Manager
● Agricultural Lecturer
● Quality Assurance Officer
● Agriculture Officer
● Farming Consultant/Agronomist
● Actuarial Analyst
● Research/Fundamental Analyst
● Agriculture Portfolio Manager
● Agricultural Lawyer
GRADUATION - Duration 4 Yrs.
B.Tech. Agriculture Engg.
Passed 10+2 with PCM/ PCBM or equivalent examination with Minimum 50% (45% for Reserved categories)
B.Tech. Food Technology
Passed 10+2 with PCM/ PCB/ PCBM or equivalent examination with Minimum 50% (45% for Reserved categories)
B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
Passed 10+2 with Agriculture /PCM / PCB/ Biotech or equivalent examination with Minimum 50% (45% for Reserved categories)
Duration: 2 Yrs.
Course with Specialization Eligibility :
Course with Specialization
M.Sc. (Ag.) in Agronomy / Horticulture /Genetics and Plant Breeding / Soil Science/ Plant Pathology / Entomology /Agriculture Economics
Graduation in Agriculture or applied stream or equivalent examination
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) at AKSU helps bridge the gap between theory and practice by providing opportunities for students to gain hands-on, practical industry relevant experience and for employers to help shape the graduates of tomorrow.
Facilities at AKSU
1. Soil and water conservation lab
2. Farm power lab
3. Farm machinery lab
4. Processing and food engineering lab
5. Surveying and leveling lab
6. Irrigation lab
7. Basic civil engineering lab
8. Mechanical engineer lab
9. Renewable energy sources lab
10. CAD/CAM design lab
11. Remote sensing lab
12. Computer lab
1. Tractor and agricultural machinery training and repairing center
2. Experimental learning field
3. Micro irrigation training set up
4. Poly house
5. Incubation center for food processing preservation
ICT enabled classroom
● Digital classroom equipped with modern amenities
● Innovative pedagogy and job-specific curriculum
Industry- Academia Association
● Collaboration with Foreign universities
● MOU with industries
● Exposure to commercial farms
● Campus Placement Drive
● Open Campus Placement Opportunities
Research and Development Initiatives
● Economic analysis of product marketing and value addition of wheat in Satna district of Madhya Pradesh, the academic year 2012-16
● Study on an existing method of paddy threshing in Satna district for enacting suitable mechanical intervention, the academic year 2013-17
● Design Development and Performance evaluation of manually operated modified soil conditioner, the academic year 2014-18
● Development and Performance Evaluation of single man operated paddy thresher, the academic year 2014-18
● Design fabrication and performance evaluation of paddle operated modified groundnut decorticator, the academic year 2015-19
Hands-on Learning via Industrial Visit
Department of Agriculture engineering conducts periodic industrial visits to various corporations for hands-on experiential learning. The institute is associated with:
● Deendayal Research Institute, Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Satna(M.P.)
● Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering, Bhopal
● Bhalla Dairy Farm in Badkhar, Satna
● Sahakari Dugdh Sangh Maryadit, Jabalpur (M.P.
● Bansagar Dam, Shahdol
● Krishi AbhiyantrikiSambhag, Satna. M.P.
Academic Training Programs
Department of Agriculture Engineering conducts regular academic training programs for the students in India’s Esteemed Institutes such as
1. Central Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Budni, M.P.
2. North Eastern Region Farm Machinery Training & Testing Institute, Biswanath Chariali, Assam.
3. Southern Region Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Anantapur, A.P.
4. Northern Region Farm Machinery Training & Testing Institute, Hisar, Haryana.
5. CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute, Ludhiana, Punjab.
6. Sahakari Dugdh Sangh Maryadit, Jabalpur. M.P.
7. Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur, T.N
8. National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana
9. Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
10. Mahindra and Mahindra, Nagpur, M.H
11. Eicher Tractors, Bhopal( M.P.)
12. Jain Irrigation, Jalgaon, M.H
13. NETAFIM, Bhopal, M.P.
14. Sadhguru Foundation, Gujarat
Under the guidance of the eminent faculties at AKSU, some meritorious students have successfully qualified for prestigious examinations such as GATE and JRF conducted by IIT and ICAR respectively.
● 2016- 4 students qualified JRF and one qualified GATE
● 2017- 5 students qualified JRF and one qualified GATE
● 2018- 6 students qualified JRF
● 2019- 10 students qualified JRF and seven qualified GATE
Know your Faculty
Dr. Ajeet Sarathe
Head, Agricultural Engineering
B.Tech (Agricultural Engineering)
M.Tech (Post harvest process and Food Engineering)
Ph. D (Food & Agril Engineering)
Specialization: Food Process EngineeringExperience: 11 Year