AKS University is probably the first University in the country to introduced B. Tech in Cement Technology to fulfill the demand of Cement and Construction sectors. To fulfill the need of supervisory level officials in the cement industry the University is also offering 3 years Diploma in Cement Technology from its inception. The course contents are designed with consultation of gamut of experts from reputed R&D institutions, Cement Technocrats, and Academicians. Present day requirement of Cement Plants has been taken care of while designing the course curriculum.
The key features of B. Tech. Cement Technology course structure are Hands -on -Laboratory training, Simulator based training and 180 days in-plant training etc. The syllabus of cement technology course also contained the front line technological advancement of cement manufacturing process such as use of alternate Raw Materials and Fuels for cement manufacture, Waste Heat Recovery system of cement plant, Energy efficiency in cement manufacturing process, Use of low grade high silica and high MgO limestone in clinker manufacture, Design of Cement plant etc.
B.Tech cement technology
Diploma cement technology
- The department is having well furnished classroom with audiovisual system
- State-of-the-art cement and concrete laboratory
- Hands-on training demonstrative lab
- Faculties are scholars of reputed institutes such as IIT, NIT, ISM and Delhi University.
- The department Director is former expert of National Council for Cement and Building Materials, Govt of India with 40 years of experience in cement and concrete. Some of the faculties are former technocrats of cement plant having more than 35 years experience in cement manufacturing.
- Passed out students are working in the large cement plants
- Department is conducting training for the Cement officials which is highly appreciated by the plants ( M/s Prism Cement Ltd, M/ UltraTech Cement Ltd, M/s KJs Cement Ltd etc)
- Department represents the International Seminar on cement & Building Materials, published a paper and also the director of the department conduct some of the technical session as Chairman
- The director is the member of the BIS Code committee for the development of the national code on cement and building materials
The self-funded research projects of the department are as under :
- Study on use of low grade and high MgO limestone in cement manufacture
- Maximization of fly ash in production of Portland Pozolana Cement
- Alternate Fuel and Raw Materials for cement manufacture
Department is closely associated with the Cement Manufacturing Association of India (CMA), National Council for Cement and Building Materials, Various cement plants such as M/s Ultra Tech Cement, Dalmia Cement, KJS Cement, Prism Johnson Cement, Satna Cement etc.
With the association of the cement plant, the department is organizing training for the unskilled worker on Portland Cement Manufacturing Technology as a step towards the Skill India mission of Govt. of India.
Future in Cement Technology must see this video.