AKS University takes pride in being the first university in the country to introduce a 4-year B.Tech. Cement Technology program back in 2012. We are committed to providing our students with the latest knowledge and skills required by the cement industry.
A Curriculum that Sets You Apart
Our course curriculum is meticulously designed to meet the demands of the cement industry and incorporate the latest technological advancements. With a strong focus on
practical training, our state-of-the-art laboratories ensure hands-on experience for all our students.
We understand the importance of real-world exposure, which is why our curriculum includes in-plant training and sandwich apprenticeship programs. These opportunities give
students valuable industry experience, preparing them for successful careers.
Our faculty consists of experienced professionals who are experts in their respective fields. They are passionate about teaching and guiding students towards achieving their
goals. With their support, you can thrive academically and personally.
To conduct its key programs and activities in a unique manner that promotes excellence and leadership in education, research, and innovation in cement technology and fosters an environment that is safe, highly productive, cooperative and collegial, and dedicated to continual improvement.
- Achieve academic excellence in Cement Technology through an innovative teaching-learning process.
- Application of sustainable cleaner technology in cement manufacture without compromising quality.
- Inculcate technical competence and collective discipline in students to excel in cement manufacturing units, higher education and societal needs.
- Establish focus research groups in leading areas of cement technology for optimization of thermal and electrical energy in cement manufacture and environmental needs.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO -01: To develop technical and managerial skills among the students with practical knowledge to work in a cement manufacturing unit and be able to handle day-to-day plant problems.
PEO-02: To develop R&D temperament among the students for development, innovation and sustainable technology in the cement manufacturing process.
POE 03: To develop ethical principles among the students and commitment to fulfilling international, national and local needs and social responsibilities with his/her professional excellence.
PEO 04: Ability to understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal, economic and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge and need for sustainable development
Program-Specific Outcomes (PSOs)On completion of B. Tech. Cement Technology program, the students will achieve the following program-specific outcomes:-
PSO - 1: The ability to apply technical & engineering knowledge for the production of quality cement with the available raw material resource.
PSO - 2 : Ability to understand the day-to-plant operational problems of cement manufacture and provide economical solutions to enhance production without compromising the quality of cement.
PSO - 3 : Ability to understand the latest cement manufacturing technology and its application in the conservation of electrical and thermal energy in Portland cement
PSO - 4 : Ability to use research-based innovative knowledge for sustainable development
in cement manufacture.
(Program curriculum grouping based on course components)
|% of the total number of credits in
|Basic Sciences (BSC)
|Engineering Sciences (ESC)
|Humanities and Social Sciences (HMSC)
|Program Core (PCC)
|Program Electives (PEC)
|Open Electives (OEC)
|Industrial Training/Internships (ISC)
|Any Other (Please Specify) (NC)
Courses Offered, Eligibility, and Fee structure
B.Tech. Cement Technology
12th Passed with minimum
45 % marks PCM
Diploma Cement Technology
10th Passed with minimum
45 % marks
Excel in Cement Technology
The Indian cement industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and is on track to achieve new milestones. With more than 5000 cement technocrats required annually in
India, the demand for skilled professionals extends to international markets as well. At AKS University, we provide comprehensive training and placement support through our
centralized training & placement cell.
Industry Expertise at Your Disposal
In addition to our dedicated training & placement cell, the Cement Technology department at AKS University has an independent cell headed by a highly experienced senior executives from the cement industry. This industry veterans facilitate plant visits and vocational training, ensuring that you gain practical insights and hands-on experience directly from professionals who have excelled in the field.
Our Top Recruiters
- M/s UltraTech Cement Ltd
- M/s KJS Cement Ltd
- M/s Prism Johnson Cement Ltd
- M/s ACC Cement Ltd
- M/s Ambuja Cement Ltd
- M/s Shree Cement Ltd
- M/s Star Cement Ltd
- M/s Wonder Cement Ltd
- M/s Nuvoco Cement Ltd
- M/s Sanghi Cement Ltd.
- M/s Heidelberg Cement Ltd
- M/s Asian Fine Cement Ltd
- M/s Sagar Cement Ltd
- M/s Dalmia Cement Ltd
- M/s Juniper Constructions Pvt. Ltd.
State-of-the-art Testing and Calibration Research Laboratory (TCRL) with the latest equipment.
Well-furnished classroom with an audiovisual system.
Hands-on training in the demonstration lab for the students.
A study-room cum departmental library for the students in addition to the central library of the University.
Faculties are scholars of reputed institutes such as IIT, NIT, ISM and Delhi University etc.
The Cement Technology Director is a former expert of the National Council for Cement and Building Materials, Govt. of India with 40 years of experience in cement and concrete.
Some of the faculties are former technocrats of cement plants having 30-40years experience in cement manufacturing process and quality control.
Reputed industry experts conduct expert lectures from time to time.
Dean : Dr G K Pradhan, B Tech ( Mining ),IIT- ISM, Dhanbad, National Geo Science Awardee, 40 years experience in various large mechanized mines and expert of Blasting technology.
Director : Prof. G. C. Mishra , M.Sc. (Applied Geology), M. Tech. (Mining Exploration), IIT- ISM, Dhanbad, Former Additional Director of National Council for Cement and Building Materials , Govt. of India with more than 40 years experience in Cement plants, Concrete expert of Cement Raw Material, CADE& Mine Planning, Pyro-processing & Clinker manufacture, QC & QA and performance of cement & concretes.
HoD: Dr. S.K. Jha, M. Sc. & M. Phil (Geology), Ph. D (Geochemistry) from Delhi University, CSIR NET qualified in Earth Sciences, Seven years of research & teaching experience in Geology of Cement Raw Material, Exploration & Mining of Limestone, Alternative Fuels and Raw Materials in Cement Manufacturing, Petrography of Clinker & Cement Raw Materials, Mining Geology and Engineering Geology.
Senior Faculty : V.K. Singh, M. Sc. (Chemistry) former General Manager M/s Maihar Cement In charge In charge of Laboratory and Hands on Training, more than 40 years experience in cement manufacturing process and Quality Control of a large capacity cement plant.
Senior Faculty : A.K. Bhattacharya, BE (Chemical) Ravishanker University Raipur, former DGM Manufacturing of M/s Dalmia Cement Bharat Ltd Delhi. DQM/DGM Technical Head in OCL India Ltd, more than 40 years in Portland cement manufacture, Quality Control and Quality Assurance in large-capacity cement plants in India.
The self-funded research projects of the department are as follows:-
- Use of alternative of river sand in construction.
- Study on use of low grade and high MgO limestone in cement manufacture.
- Maximization of fly ash use in production of Portland Pozolana Cement.
- Alternate Fuel and Raw Materials for Portland cement manufacture.
- Research Student Convention on Replacement of River Sand by Crusher Dust in Concrete & Mortar.
Seminar and Workshops
- From time to time Cement Technology department organizes seminars and workshops on cement & concrete fields.
- The students participated in the International Seminar of Cement & Concrete organized by National Council and presented technical papers.
Special Lectures & Webinar
- “Advanced Manufacturing Process of Portland Cement” by Er. J K Singh, Section Head- J P Cement.
- “Smart Construction Practices for Durable Concrete in Aggressive Environment” by Mr. Ramesh Somkumar, Manager- JK White Cement.
- “Pragmatic Approach in Quality Construction of Roads in Rural Sector” organized by Department of Cement Technology & Rural Road Development Authority, Govt. of M.P.
Industrial Visits & Training
- Every semester cement plant visits are organized for the hands-on learning experience via plant demonstrations.
- A one-week simulator-based training at National Council for Cement and Building is organized every year.
- Materials are procured for demonstration and learning of the cement manufacturing process for Diploma and B. Tech. students.
- Last semester, B.Tech. Cement Technology organized a 180 days of job training in a cement plant.
In-House Training and Placement Cell
At AKS University, we understand the importance of practical experience and securing a rewarding job. That's why we have an In-House Student Employment Center in addition to the central placement cell of AKS University that is dedicated to helping our students find the perfect opportunities to kickstart their careers.
Our Training & Placement Cell is headed by a highly experienced former cement plant executive who brings decades of industry knowledge and connections. With their guidance, you'll receive valuable insights and support throughout your journey.
Our Alumini hold key positions at various large cement plants.
The department conducts training for the Cement officials of all ranks and positions at cement plants (M/s Prism Cement Ltd, M/s UltraTech Cement Ltd, M/s KJS
Cement Ltd etc) which is highly appreciated by the industry.
The department also organizes workshops for construction workers under the workers development programme.
Department Director is a member of the Research Advisory Committee of the National Council for Cement and Building Materials.
The department publishes a report and represents AKS University at the International Seminar on Cement & Building Materials, and its director chairs some
of the technical sessions.
The department hosts a Cement and Concrete Conclave and honours famous veteran cement technocrats across the nation.
- The Department is closely associated with the Cement Manufacturing Association of India (CMA) and various cement plants such as M/s Ultra Tech Cement, M/s Dalmia Cement, M/s KJS Cement, M/s Prism Johnson Cement, M/s J P cement etc. for plant visit, training and placement of the students.
- The Department is also associated with National council for Cement and Building Materials for simulator based training of students, seminar and workshop etc.
Why Cement Technology from AKS University?
We believe in providing our students with the best opportunities for in-plant training and placement. Our dedicated cell works tirelessly to connect you with top companies in your field, ensuring a smooth transition from student life to the professional world. With AKS University's Cement Technology course, you can be confident that you're making the right choice for your future. Don't wait any longer - take the first step towards a successful career today! Here are more reasons to consider us:
- Excellent Infrastructure.
- State of the Art Laboratory with latest equipments.
- Faculties are scholars of reputed institutes of India
- Some of the faculties are industry experts
- Hands-on training and industrial trainings are parts of curriculum.
- Exposures of students in national and international seminars.
- Simulator based training in a National Laboratory.
- On time examination and result declaration.
- Excellent placement record.
- Full time technical support to the students after placement in cement industry.
- A strong student alumni association for interaction and exchange of experience.
Glimpse of the Cement Technology Department
Coordination & Participation of the Students in the Seminar.
NABL Accredited TCRL Laboratory
Plant Visit KJS Cement Maihar
Plant Visit KJS Cement Maihar
A special Lecture was organized for the students by the expert from JK Cement