AKS University is perchance the first University in the country to introduce B. Tech. in Cement Technology to fulfill the demands of both the cement & construction sectors. The University has been offering B. Tech and Diploma programs in Cement Technology since its inception. Present day requirement of cement plants have been taken care of while designing the curriculum with consultation of gamut of experts from reputed R&D institutions, Cement Technocrats, and Academicians.
The key features of B. Tech Cement Technology course structure are plant visits, vocational training, hands-on-laboratory training, simulator based training, 180 days in-plant sandwich training, R&D project works in final semester etc. The syllabus of Cement Technology course also contains the front line technological advancement of cement manufacturing process such as use of alternate fuels & raw materials, waste heat recovery system, energy efficiency, use of low grade, MgO limestone with high silica, carbon foot-print, safety health & environment and design of cement plant.
To impart quality education, undertake research and extension with emphasis on application & innovation that cater to the emerging industrial needs through holistic development of the students of all the sections and enabling them to become globally competitive & socially responsible citizens with intrinsic values.
Our vision is to develop well rounded, confident and responsible individuals who aspire to achieve their full potential in the field of Cement Technology and to attain the goal of this objective by:-
- Providing a centre of academic excellence in the field of Cement Technology, contributing to the needs of industry and society for sustainable growth.
- Promoting industry-institute interaction and encourage undertaking of industry oriented projects in emerging areas of Cement Technology.
- Creating platform to disseminate research and development.
- Promoting pedagogy and ethics in academia and research.
B.Tech cement technology
12th Passed with minimum45 % marks PCM
Diploma cement technology
10th Passed with minimum45 % marks
Carrier opportunity as a cement technocrat is excellent in India, as the growth of Indian cement industry is in full swing to achieve its new targets. Every year more around 5000 cement technocrats are required in India besides the demand in abroad plants.
To assist the students in addition to the centralize training & placement cell of the AKS University, the Cement Technology department is also having an independent training & placement cell. This cell is headed by a superannuated senior executive from cement industry that assists the students for their plant visit, vocational training and placement. Consequently, most of passed-out students are getting opportunity to serve the cement and concrete industry with good remuneration packages.
Top recruiters for the Cement Technology passed students are:
- M/s UltraTech Cement Ltd
- M/s KJS Cement Ltd
- M/s Prism Johnson Cement Ltd
- M/s ACC Cement Ltd
- M/s Ambuja Cement Ltd
- M/s Shree Cement Ltd
- M/s Star Cement Ltd
- M/s Wonder Cement Ltd
- M/s Nuvoco Cement Ltd
- M/s Sanghi Cement Ltd.
- M/s Heidelberg Cement Ltd
- M/s Asian Fine Cement Ltd
- M/s Sagar Cement Ltd
- M/s Dalmia Cement Ltd
- M/s Juniper Constructions Pvt. Ltd.
- State of the art Testing and Calibration Research Laboratory (TCRL) with latest equipments.
- The department has well furnished smart classrooms with modern technological advancements.
- Facility of hands-on training in demonstration labs for the students.
- A study-room cum departmental library for the students in addition to the central library of the University.
- Faculties are scholars of reputed institutes such as IIT, NIT, ISM and Delhi University etc.
- The Cement Technology Director is a former expert of National Council for Cement and Building Materials, Govt. of India with 40 years of experience in cement and concrete.
- Some of the faculties are former technocrats of cement plant having 30-40years experience in cement manufacturing process and quality control.
- The department invites reputed industry experts as guest faculties and conducts expertise classes from time to time.
Dean : Dr G K Pradhan, B Tech ( Mining ),IIT- ISM, Dhanbad, National Geo Science Awardee, 40 years experience in various large mechanized mines and expert of Blasting technology.
Director : Prof. G. C. Mishra , M.Sc. (Applied Geology), M. Tech. (Mining Exploration), IIT- ISM, Dhanbad, Former Additional Director of National Council for Cement and Building Materials , Govt. of India with more than 40 years experience in Cement plants, Concrete expert of Cement Raw Material, CADE& Mine Planning, Pyro-processing & Clinker manufacture, QC & QA and performance of cement &concretes.
HoD: Dr. S.K. Jha, M. Sc. & M. Phil (Geology), Ph. D (Geochemistry) from Delhi University, CSIR NET qualified in Earth Sciences, Seven years of research & teaching experience in Geology of Cement Raw Material, Exploration & Mining of Limestone, Alternative Fuels and Raw Materials in Cement Manufacturing, Petrography of Clinker & Cement Raw Materials, Mining Geology and Engineering Geology.
Hands on Training Sh V.K. Singh, M. Sc. (Chemistry) former General Manager M/s Maihar Cement In charge In charge of Laboratory and Hands on Training, more than 40 years experience in cement manufacturing process and Quality Control of a large capacity cement plant.
T P O Sh P.K. Pathak, M.Sc. (Chemistry) former General Manager of M/s J P Cement ltd. In charge of Training and Placement, more than 40 years in Portland cement manufacture, Quality Control and Quality Assurance in large capacity cement plants in India and abroad.
The self-funded research projects of the department are as follows:-
- Use of alternative of river sand in construction.
- Study on use of low grade and high MgO limestone in cement manufacture.
- Maximization of fly ash use in production of Portland Pozolana Cement.
- Alternate Fuel and Raw Materials for Portland cement manufacture.
- Research Student Convention on Replacement of River Sand by Crusher Dust in Concrete & Mortar.
Seminar and Workshops
- From time to time Cement Technology department organizes seminars and workshops on cement & concrete fields.
- The students participated in the International Seminar of Cement & Concrete organized by National Council and presented technical papers.
Special Lectures & Webinar
- “Advanced Manufacturing Process of Portland Cement” by Er. J K Singh, Section Head- J P Cement.
- “Smart Construction Practices for Durable Concrete in Aggressive Environment” by Mr. Ramesh Somkumar, Manager- JK White Cement.
- “Pragmatic Approach in Quality Construction of Roads in Rural Sector” organized by Department of Cement Technology & Rural Road Development Authority, Govt. of M.P.
- One day Cement plant visits time to time.
- 3 days Simulator based training of B. Tech & Diploma Students at National Council for Cement and Building Materials in Jan 2019.
- 3 Weeks Plant training of students at M P Birla Cements & JayPee Cement, Rewa.
- Summer Industrial training of Diploma Students at KJS Cements Maihar in June 2017.
- Training on pyroprocessing of Diploma students at NCCBM New Delhi on 2017.
- Technical Visit of B.Tech Students at Reliance Cements, Maihar on 04 Nov. 2017.
- One day Visit of B.Tech & Diploma Students at M P Birla Cement Plant Maihar on 12/08/2017.
PLACEMENTS AND TRAINING
- Tech. Cement Technology course structure with Hands-on- Laboratory training.
- Simulator based training.
- 180 days in-plant training approved by Board of Apprentice Training.
- 5 Months In plant Training of B.Tech Students at Ultra Tech Cement & KJS Cements Maihar in 2021.
- 5 Months Apprentice Training of B. Tech Students at Ultra Tech Cement & KJS Cements Maihar in 2020.
- 5 Months sandwich Apprentice training of B.Tech students at Prism Johnson Cements, Reliance Cements & M P Birla Cements in 2019.
- Apprentice Training of B.Tech & Diploma Students held in 2018-19.
- In plant training of students at KJS Cement Maihar, JayPee Cement Rewa, Birla Cements Satna, UltraTech Cements Belapur & Shree cements Raipur in 2018.
- Simulator based training of B.Tech Cement Technology Students on Pyroprocessing & Clinker manufacturing at NCCBM, Ballabgarh in Jan 2017.
- Simulator based training of Diploma Students at NCCBM Ballabgarh in Aug 2017.
- 20 Weeks In plant training of B.Tech Students at Maihar Cement, UltraTech Cements and KJS Cements in 2017.
- Every semester, Cement Technology department organizes cement plant visits for the students for plant demonstrations.
- Every year, department also organizes one week simulator based training at National Council for Cement and Building Materials on cement manufacturing process for Diploma and B. Tech. students.
- Final semester students of B.Tech Cement Technology undergo 180 days on job training in a cement plant.
The Cement Technology Department is comprised of a Training and placement cell, headed by an experienced former cement plant executive. The cell is assisting the students in plant training and placement.
Attach List of some student with photograph and details
- Passed out students of Cement Technology are working in various large cement plants in key positions.
- Department is conducting training for the Cement officials including floor level junior staffs which is highly appreciated by the plants ( M/s Prism Cement Ltd, M/ UltraTech Cement Ltd, M/s KJs Cement Ltd etc)
- Department also organizes workshops for construction workers under workers development program..
- Department’s Director is a member of Research Advisory Committee of National Council for Cement and Building Materials.
- Department represents the International Seminar on Cement & Building Materials, publishes research papers and also the director of the department conducts some of the technical sessions as Chairman.
- Department organizes Cement and Concrete Conclave and felicitate veteran cement technocrats of the country of international repute.
- Department is closely associated with the Cement Manufacturing Association of India (CMA) and various cement plants such as M/s Ultra Tech Cement, M/s Dalmia Cement, M/s KJS Cement, M/s Prism Johnson Cement, M/s J P cement etc. for plant visit, training and placement of the students.
- Department is also associated with National council for Cement and Building Materials for simulator based training of students, seminar and workshop etc.
- Department is processed to organize a webinar on Sustainable Development of Indian Cement Industry soon.
- Department is also commencing a training program for the students on carrier prospects.
Why Cement Technology from AKS University?
- Excellent Infrastructure.
- State of the Art Laboratory with latest equipments.
- Faculties are scholars of reputed institutes of India
- Some of the faculties are industry experts
- Hands-on training and industrial trainings are parts of curriculum.
- Exposures of students in national and international seminars.
- Simulator based training in a National Laboratory.
- On time examination and result declaration.
- Excellent placement record.
- Full time technical support to the students after placement in cement industry.
- A strong student alumni association for interaction and exchange of experience.